LOCATION: BOISE, ID
Trinity is seeking driven, hands on candidates for the position of accountant. This position is an important member of the Trinity team who will provide support to the Controller, CFO, and President through various accounting and bookkeeping related duties and tasks. Offering development, growth and advancement; this is a great opportunity for an inquisitive, self-starting individual that enjoys challenging the status quo. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter
demonstrating characteristics listed in this posting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process bi-weekly payroll including preparing journal entries and regularly reconciling payroll, benefit and accrual accounts.
- Perform standard cost accounting duties including monitoring and updating standard cost, calculate monthly WIP and finished goods inventory, and performing variance analysis.
- Responsible for preparing and filing city and state sales and use tax returns, ensuring compliance with local and state sales/use tax laws and regulations.
- Assist with the monthly and annual closing process.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Assist with the development of annual sales, capital and operating budgets.
- Develop and regularly audit department work instructions and business process documentation.
- Assist in various process improvement efforts.
- Adhere to and ensure company policies, attendance policies, and safety regulations are followed.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on, working with all levels of team members from management to shop floor.
- Must be able to input and calculate information accurately.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs and computer skills. Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrates positive attitude energy, trustworthy, respectful, and conducts business in a professional manner.
- Must have strong knowledge of GAAP and financial concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments which may include frequent interruptions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 3 years of accounting experience, including cost accounting. Payroll experience a plus.
- ERP software experience.