DEPARTMENT: FAB PARTS
SALARY: $13.50 to $15.50 /hour DOE
LOCATION: BOISE, ID
Fabrication and Welder Level 1 is responsible for welding nonstructural components of the trailer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform welds on carbon and stainless steel, according to company and quality standards.
- Perform basic MIG welds such as vertical and horizontal fillet welds, according to company and quality standards.
- Examine materials and finish product for defects. If defects are found, welder must be able to fix the
mistake, to comply with company standards and order specifications.
- Perform welds, cuts, and shear parts according to work orders, blue prints and oral instructions.
- Fabrication and Welder 1 is responsible for fabricating non-structural components of the trailer.
- Ensure all safety equipment is used properly and workplace is organized and hazard free.
- Maintaining inventory levels of parts for production and repair.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees.
- Adhere to and ensure company policies, attendance policies, and safety regulations are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to proficiently MIG weld vertical and horizontal fillet welds.
- Able to problem solve and draw valid conclusions, when issues arise.
- Multitask, manage time, and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Able to read a tape measure and perform simple math such as adding and subtracting fractions, decimals,and whole numbers.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and
maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions from management.
- Able to convey information effectively.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience reading blueprints and operating power tools.
- MIG experience with welding carbon and stainless steel is a plus.