LOCATION: BOISE, ID
The Mechanical Draftsman/Designer is responsible for the development of complete and accurate CAD models, drawings, and design documents for various trailer components using Autodesk and other Computer Aided Design software tools. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Design new and/or modified component and subsystems, including layouts, simulations, and diagrams.
- Update bill of materials in the enterprise resource planning system.
- Troubleshoot, design, and continually improve the hydraulic, pneumatic systems, and other work processes.
- Ensures all designs comply with DOT axle, weight requirements, and company quality standards.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Maintain effective communication with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees and customers.
- Adhere to and ensure company policies, attendance policies, and safety regulations are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees.
- Must be dependable, possess strong time management skills, and be able to consistently produce quality work.
- Be able to work in a dynamic work environment and respond quickly to temporary project re-direction.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs and CAD software.
- Must be able to input and calculate information accurately.
- Demonstrates positive attitude energy, trustworthy, respectful, and conducts business in a professional manner.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions from management.
- Able to convey information effectively.
- Associates degree in Design and Drafting (or equivalent technical degree)
- 5+ years design / drafting full-time work experience.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor/Vault.