LOCATION: BOISE, ID
The Parts Coordinator will coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule all aftermarket service parts in accordance with the master schedule.
- Coordinate, track and document the movement, status and location of work-in-progress.
- Transport and track parts from one department to another in order to assure accurate and timely movement of parts through the manufacturing process.
- Verify and match parts with paperwork, routing information, quantities, etc. before transporting to next department.
- Checks for and assures the completion of necessary signoffs on work completion and/or routing information before transporting to next department.
- Meet with team leads to reconcile problems regarding paperwork/part inaccuracies, assures communication among production departments related to product movement.
- Perform and coordinate the loading and unloading of product between locations.
- Enter data in scheduling and location of parts.
- Dispatches “rush” jobs as requested and assures tracking of parts.
- Maintain invoice integrity and part identification during movement of parts.
- Enter accurate inventory, scheduling, and location information into tracking system to support planning of customer orders.
- Maintain quality records, reports, invoices and packing slips in order to assure accurate records and reports are maintained to support quality documentation requirements.
- Liaison between Departments with clear, common goals.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees.
- Adhere to company policies, rules and to promote safety standards.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Basic ability to follow instructions, read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to attend to detail, resolve record keeping problems and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to safely lift and/or maneuver objects weighing fifty pounds and occasionally up to seventy-five pounds.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
- Valid Driver’s License required with the ability to drive a truck (up to 26,000 LBS GVW).
- Must be reliable and able to work all scheduled work hours. This includes working late and/or on weekends if necessary.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and teamwork.
- Previous manufacturing floor experience or dispatching experience affording knowledge of the importance of part location tracking is preferred.
- Previous data entry and inventory control experience preferred.