DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
LOCATION: Boise, Idaho
Trinity is seeking a driven, hands-on Purchasing Supervisor to join us on an exciting adventure of growth and change. Trinity offers an abundant opportunity for development and growth. This will be the perfect fit for a proactive, strategic thinker who enjoys looking for a better way. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter demonstrating competencies and characteristics listed in this posting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the requisition, purchase and acquisition of materials needed in the manufacturing process and in the maintaining materials for the various shops and facilities of Trinity’s locations.
- Review and update lead times, cost and stocking level parameters in ERP system.
- Communicate to management changes in market conditions affecting supply chain.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with Trinity’s vendors.
- Pursue constant process improvement towards the goal of purchasing the highest quality materials at the best price, in the correct amount.
- Coordinates with accounts payable to ensure proper accurate billing.
- Coordinates shipments on large purchases.
- Supervises employees in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws. Supervises one employee.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees, vendors, and customers.
- Adhere to and ensure company policies, attendance policies, and safety regulations are followed.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, analytical, written and oral communication skills. Thorough understanding of ERP systems and principals.
- Strong knowledge and background with inventory, shipping, and purchasing concepts.
- Must be able to input and calculate information accurately.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs and computer skills.
- Demonstrates positive attitude energy, trustworthy, respectful, and conducts business in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, which may include frequent interruptions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate in Arts, or Science in a related field a plus
- Four years of work experience and/or training in a related position is required.
- Knowledge and experience in heavy truck and transportation a plus.