LOCATION: BOISE, ID
The Technician Level 2 will be experienced in all aspects of trailer repair and service. This includes experience cutting, welding and finish work on different models of trucks and trailers. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair and service different makes and models of trailers.
- Repair electrical, ABS, air and hydraulic components.
- Perform all aspects of finish work and test, brakes, plastic, axle maintenance, and suspension.
- Dismount/Mount tires and wheels.
- Able to weld, cut, and fabricate parts.
- Prepare trailers for painting. (taping/sanding)
- Look for safety violations/possible safety improvements.
- Ensure that a quality job is being done.
- May assist in training employees.
- Keep the shop and work areas clean and orderly.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees and customers.
- Adhere to all company policies, attendance policies, and safety regulations
- Able to perform all duties requirements of a level 1 Repair Technician.
- Able to weld, cut, and fabricate parts, without supervision.
- Perform all finish and installation work on all areas of the trailer.
- Able to repair and test electrical, ABS, air and hydraulic components.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with customer and factory standards.
- Capable of logically problem solving issues and able to come to a solution.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies, rules and to promote safety standards.
- Be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of semi-trailers and a willingness to learn new things.
- Must be able to work in teams.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Advanced knowledge of basic hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- Additional on the job training provided.