LOCATION: POCATELLO, ID
Master or journeymen Service and Repair Technicians are experts in auto and/or semi-trailer repair. If you have at least 4 years’ experience inspecting and Repairing automotive and/or semi-trailers AND have a willingness to continue to learn. If you have welding/fabrication experience with or without prints, preferred but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repair and service different makes and models of trailers.
- Weld, cut and install fabricated parts.
- Oversee the rebuilding of trailers. (from start to finish)
- Properly twist trailers using the frame rack.
- Diagnose electrical, ABS, air and hydraulic issues.
- Monitor inventory levels and order parts when necessary.
- Perform finish work for brakes, plastic, axle maintenance, and suspension.
- Ensure the overall repair meets customer and quality expectations.
- Handle customer complaints and questions.
- Look for and report safety violations/possible safety improvements.
- Train employees on various aspects of trailer repair/service.
- Painting. (Touch up areas with cup gun, and must be respirator fitted)
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees and customers.
- Adhere to all company policies, attendance policies, and safety regulations.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Able to repair and diagnose hydraulic systems, pneumatic break systems, suspension, axle maintenance and wiring systems.
- Able to weld, fabricate (MIG/Reading Prints/Etc.), and twist trailers properly.
- Capable of logically problem solving issues and able to come to a solution.
- Strong knowledge of semi-trailers.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards.
- Be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Physical demanding job requiring exertion of 100 lbs of force occasionally, up to 50 lbs of force frequently, and up to 20 lbs of force constantly to move objects.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 4 years’ experience in inspecting and repairing automotive and/or semi-trailers.