TITLE: Welding Internship
REPORTS TO: Fabrication Supervisor
In 1975, Trinity Trailer developed and built our first self-unloading feed, seed and fertilizer belt trailer. The revolutionary “Eagle Bridge” design concept, introduced in 1977, established Trinity Trailer’s national reputation for excellence and innovation. Our unique frameless design provides superior strength with lightweight and flexible advantages. It’s a brilliant combination that has stood the test of time.
Trinity Trailer Mfg., Inc. is seeking a welding intern. During this internship, you will be responsible for learning the particulars of production welding operations during the construction of stainless and carbon steel trailers. You will also learn and begin to perform work according to drawings, specifications and other forms of instruction while maintaining consistent speed and quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used properly and worn while on the production floor.
- Weld, cut, shear, and fabricate parts according to blue prints and oral instructions.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Follow safety procedures, regulations, and company policies.
- Follow instructions from management.
- Examine work pieces for defects, to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Bring potential problems to the attention of the supervisor.
- Count inventory on parts to complete the work order.
- Accountable for all tools used and maintain cleanliness of the workplace.
- Assist team members with daily cleanup of work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must know how to properly use safety equipment.
- Able to read measuring tape, work orders and blue prints accurately.
- Basic MIG welding skills (On the job training provided).
- Make sure the workplace is organized and hazard free.
- Must be able to convey information effectively.
- Must be able to follow instructions from management.
- Perform simple math such as adding and subtracting fractions, decimals, and whole numbers
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- (6) six months to (1) one year related experience is preferred