DEPARTMENT: LASER SHOP
LOCATION: BOISE, ID
Laser Operator operates a Trulaser 3030, to produce parts and instruments. The Laser Operator loads plates into the machine. Also inspects parts and detects malfunctions in machine operations. Laser Operator communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inputs various part program designs into laser computer system.
- Ensures laser is operating continually throughout the workday and perform regular maintenance.
- Read blueprints to ensure parts are made with the correct material and specifications.
- Laser Operator must inspect parts for defects and adjusting the laser to compensate for any problems.
- Use hand tools, Laser Operator must quickly deburr parts from metal sheets.
- Assist with troubleshooting mechanical and software issues, under strict time constraints.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ensure all safety equipment is used properly and workplace is organized and hazard free.
- Display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of company employees.
- Adhere to and ensure company policies, attendance policies, and safety regulations are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Trinity Trailers various trailer parts.
- Able to problem solve and draw valid conclusions when issues arise.
- Multitask, manage time, and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Able to read a tape measure and perform simple math such as adding and subtracting fractions, decimals, and whole numbers.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and
maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions from management.
- Able to convey information effectively.
- Well versed with Trutops nesting software, is a plus.
- Associates degree in Welding and Metal Fabrication or welding certification, is a plus.